Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Color Composition Reflection



The picture above is my favorite that I took out of the thirty images I had to take for our color assignment in Photography. In our assignment, I took pictures of different subjects, including pumpkins, fire, and antiques. I went to Dale hollow for vacation where I took a few photos, The farmers market that had their fair selection of pumpkins, and also went to this huge antique mall in Westfield, Indiana. This antique store had a huge selection of every color you could imagine, along with having unique pieces to look at and capture photos of. I put different shades of orange up against different contrasting colors to get the images that I have now, causing them to look better than just with a boring background. I used my elements to avoid distractions and I was able to keep multiple pictures out of the center of the photo. My ability to use the elements allowed my pictures to look much better and have a higher quality of photography than if I were to just point and shoot random images of orange objects. I had multiple subjects, all very hard to choose which was my favorite. I used only things that I find a big part in my life to take photos of. Like I took a photo of an old school orange crush sign, which happened to be my favorite drink as a child. Before this assignment, I never really looked at all of the colors we have in everything, there is a huge range of colors in our long life that we never take the time to appreciate. My weakness was trying to find a lot of orange. I had immediately thought about the orange leaves, but they hadn't quite turned orange just yet. I would have changed my color for this assignment because orange is actually a lot more difficult to find than you would think.

No comments:

Post a Comment